If Dr. Zadeh, a leading Beverly Hills dentist, recommends that you undergo orthodontic treatment, you may be able to choose between Invisalign and traditional metal braces. Both types of treatments can straighten your teeth and leave you with a healthy, beautiful new smile. Choosing between the two can be difficult. Understanding the differences can help you make the best choice for your needs.
1. Permanence – Invisalign can be removed, which means that patients can eat, brush and floss just as they always have. Braces are permanently bonded to teeth, which may require lifestyle adjustments and more orthodontic visits.
2. Dental Hygiene – Plaque and tartar can lead to severe damage during your treatment if they are not properly removed. Invisalign simplifies the cleaning process. You will simply remove your aligners and brush and floss. Braces can be more difficult to clean. You will need to brush carefully around each bracket and use special flossing tools to floss around the wires.
3. Tooth movements – Invisalign is often recommended for a variety of mild, moderate and severe misalignments and malocclusions. However, they cannot necessarily be used to make vertical movements. Dental braces offer a wider range of precise movements.
4. Cost – The cost of each procedure can vary based on the type and extent of treatment you need. We can help you explore your options and learn more about the cost of any orthodontic treatment that you need.
5. Preference – Many patients prefer the discreet appearance of Invisalign, which uses clear aligners that are virtually invisible. Metal braces are more noticeable.
Contact our expert in Invisalign in Beverly Hills today to learn more or to schedule your next appointment.